SmartSkies™ CTR – UTM Platform
Airport Control Zone and Sensitive Area Airspace Authorization Platform
SmartSkiesTM allows drone pilots to obtain approval for drone operations within controlled or sensitive airspace using a simple mobile application or web portal. It provides real-time, automated processing of airspace authorizations based on criteria set by stakeholders such as Air Navigation Service Providers (ANSPs) or regulators. ANRA’s intelligent app checks the airspace for any dynamic and static conflicts, and if none exist, airspace authorization is automatically granted unless further coordination is required, whereupon the pilot receives an alert. Further coordination requests are routed to the relevant stakeholders, allowing multiple levels of coordination that can include airspace controlled by different agencies. SmartSkiesTM reduces the burden on airport tower personnel, which benefit from having assurance that approved drones will operate in areas that do not interfere with other drones or manned aircraft.
SmartSkiesTM built-in features include integrating data from existing aeronautical data sources and creation of custom dynamic airspace zones in addition to ingesting information from supplementary data sources for static or dynamic datasets like weather and terrain. It also supports drone tracking, creation of dynamic airspace zones, traffic deconfliction, auditing, non-conformance alerts, geofencing, and electronic conspicuity for identifying drones and their pilots – all while adhering to privacy limitations within a secure system.
Based on feedback from regulators and ANSPs, ANRA added a feature for two-way text communication between drone pilots and airport towers. Only authorized tower personnel will be able to communicate with drone pilots using SmartSkiesTM technology, helping to improve coordination during airport-related emergencies. In choosing to use open interfaces with this new offering, ANRA easily expands communication options and is currently researching improved human-to-machine interactions to ensure pilot flight safety.
Advanced Optional Features Available
Within the SmartSkiesTM family of technology platforms are optional services that permit networked information exchanges between stakeholders – enabling unprecedented shared situational awareness and capabilities. SmartSkies™ also supports the integration of surveillance data using standard interfaces such as ASTERIX as well as tracking and conformance monitoring for drones. Additionally, it can support strategic deconfliction of drones from manned traffic, including in-flight deconfliction.
SmartSkiesTM is designed to support a broad spectrum of operations with ever-increasing complexity and risk through an innovative, modular design that interfaces with today’s air traffic infrastructure, and readily scales for future innovation.
To summarize, the highly configurable SmartSkiesTM traffic management platform provides the following features in a Starter platform with Optional advanced features:
- Awareness of where drones can and cannot fly
- Drone pilot access to controlled airspace
- Automatic approvals for access to controlled airspace
- Further coordination for controlled airspace access using human-in-the-loop approval by multiple stakeholders
- Safe integration of drones into controlled airspace
- Integration of existing aeronautical data as well as creation of custom restricted areas or no-fly zones
- Air traffic control visibility into where and when drones are operating
- Data collection, analysis, and archiving of flights
- Two-way visibility and communication between drone operators and ATC
- Integration of surveillance data using standard interfaces such as ASTERIX
- Tracking of drones
- Conformance monitoring
- Strategic deconfliction of drones from manned traffic, including in-flight deconfliction
- Data compilation of manned traffic and drone traffic patterns
- Support of remote electronic identification using both network- and broadcast-based technologies
- Auditing for stakeholders with appropriate access to retrieve historical data.
Still not convinced?
We can help you!
Fill out the application form and our specialist will contact you for a consultation.